Most of you all know that I do love to bake and maybe even more so I love to eat the end result! Here's a new recipe that I tried out recently, and Michael and I both loved them! After eating them Michael said, "So these are healthy cookies, right?" I responded, "I wouldn't say they're healthy but maybe they're not quite as unhealthy as other recipes...this doesn't mean you should eat 10 of them." : )
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat oven to 325
Wet Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbs vanilla
1 egg
Combine in your mixer in that order until creamy.
Dry Ingredients to be mixed in a separate bowl:
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs ground nutmeg
1 Tbs cinnamon
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time with the mixer on low until completely blended. After the wet and dry are combined, add 2.5 cups oats (quick oats or old fashioned...doesn't matter which kind). I use the mixer for this part too. Mix til just combined. Then, by hand, mix in 1 cup dried cranberries aka craisins.
Drop cookies on to cookie sheet at bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven. I baked mine for 11). I always air on the underbaked side too because there's nothing worse than an overbaked cookie! Once they're baked, let them cool about 10 minutes on the cookies sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment