Kacy and I at the URBN sample sale...it was a crazy, fun experience! We got there about an hour beforehand and ended up about 1/3 way back in the line. Once they open the sale, people are literally running to the goods. You basically grab whatever you can! Housewares are a steal and any clothing and accessories you can fit in the yellow bag are $50 a bag! We'll be back!
Unexpectedly we got to go home for Thanksgiving, which was amazing! Sarah Beth and I got to work with Stacey at elle for a few hours on Black Friday, and it was so fun to be back!
We went with 2 other couple friends to cut down our Christmas trees this year. Of course, I am Clark Griswold when it comes to trees (I will have a 20 foot tree one day...I've been saying this since I was 5 so it's going to happen : ). I only want a frasier fir tree (high maintenance Michael says), and to get a frasier choose & cut over 6 feet in the greater PA area we drove about 2 hours just north of Bethlehem (no joke) to cut down trees. A fun time was had by all, but as you can see, it was a little dark when we got there! Everyone was post call so we had to leave late. It will be our new tradition up here bc we all had a great time and next year we all said we're leaving earlier haha!
Jay and Michael loading our tree. I convinced Kacy that the biggest tree you can fit in your room is the way to go : )
The finished product
I got to meet up with the girls in NYC for a long weekend- we had a crazy, hilarious, wonderful time! You probably saw the million pictures on instagram.
The best french fries I've ever had. I think I dream about them at night.
While I was in NYC, sweet Michael decorated the exterior of the house for Christmas! It looked great! And literally everyone decorates up here (I've never seen anything like it- as I write, our neighbors all have valentine's day decor up outside. They decorate (no joke) for any and every holiday around here.
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is going to see the Nutcracker- I was probably 4 or 5 when I saw it first, so I always love going! We had so much fun, and the theater was beautiful!
Christmas day!
I have a slight obsession with chapstick, so Michael gets me well stocked every year in my stocking.
We weren't able to be home on Christmas, so we had our first big, official dinner at our house! Five of our friends up here who couldn't go home for Christmas but didn't have to work, came over for Christmas dinner in the afternoon. We had so much fun and ate way to much! Everyone chipped in, and our food/desserts were fantastic! And our turkey came out without a hitch!
Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese, brussel sprouts, bread, stuffing, cranberry ice cream salad, pink fluff...I'm getting hungry writing about it. For desssert we had amazing salted caramels (homemade by Pete), chocolate truffles (again homemade by Pete), Neiman Marcus bars (which were delish!), and macaroons (again homemade by Pete). Everything was just delicious!
My Aunt Sue and I are always in charge of the gravy at Thanksgiving, so I was on my own for Christmas, but it came out great!
Michael got New Years week off, so were able to go home! First stop Birmingham! So glad I got to fit a quick visit in with Dana! I miss all my Samford girls!
Gypsy and I on "Christmas"
Next stop, Knoxville. Meservy Christmas! We missed Joel and Anna!
Again, we ate all day and were stuffed...thank goodness for comfy pants.
Eating at Tupelo Honey with the fam...it was excellent! Those biscuits, yum!
Last weekend to top off our Christmas season, we saw Les Miserables in Philadelphia. We love theater and love Les Mis, so it was a wonderful night! We still haven't seen the movie and that is next on the list!
So that's the past few months in a nutshell, I'm going to try to be better about updating!

















No comments:
Post a Comment