Monday, October 29, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Michael got his first week of vacation in October (he really wanted to go to the TN/AL game), and we were fortunate enough to go back to TN to visit!  It was great timing; Michael definitely needed a break, and we were so excited to see family and friends that week!  Here's our week in pictures...
 On the car ride down...had to stop at DQ for a blizzard after prolonging our trip by about 1-2 hours because of DC traffic.  It was awful.  We finally rolled into Knoxville around 2:15am- we were ready to be there at that point!!  
 Sunday we went hiking with Brad & Kit on Big Creek trail.  We had a great time and got to see some of the beginning of the fall foliage!  Dinner at Sergeant Pepperonis was our post hike meal, and it was delish!!!  Still haven't found my favorite pizza place in NJ (or one that just really suits my fancy), so Sergeant Pepperonis was on the food list.  If you haven't been there, you must.  Get the popeye pizza and add feta...you will not be disappointed!  

 Tuesday night we went to see the Political Steps (a political satire group) at the Bijou with my parents. Such a fun night!  Ate dinner at Peros (one of our favs, sorry Yegi : ) and then headed downtown.  If you enjoy politics, you definitely need to catch this group if they're in your area.  Hilarious!!!
 I think there were about 10 babies born between August and October, and here I am meeting sweet Hudson!  He is just so precious and snuggly!  Emery is getting to be such a little lady and that curly hair is just too cute!!!  Loved seeing you Al : )
And another absolutely precious addition to Knoxville since I left...James Neely.  I got some great snuggles with him and catch up time with Katie!  How did our visiting time fly by so quickly??  And next time I'm home I'll be meeting Hunter : ) (James' cousin who will be here in November!  As I said, lots of babies!)  
A quick glimpse of the Favorite Things party...SO much fun, but that's a whole other post in itself : )
And Saturday we headed to the AL/TN game... Cooper is excited to tailgate!
 The boys, the cooler, and Coop ready to walk to the tailgate.  This was quite the sight as we walked about a mile to where we were tailgating haha!  Cooper doesn't look thrilled to start our trek.
 Wes and Coop at the tailgate- could they get any cuter??
And the game is about to start!  Loved being back in the south for college football!  They just don't get it up here : ) 
 SB and I- I think we talked most of the game anyway : )
 The mass exodus at the beginning of the 4th quarter.  Roll Tide!  But poor UT, they just can't catch a break the past couple years in college football in general...I think the pants are doomed in good ol Rocky Top.
 So much fun with dear friends at the game!  (Matt still looks pretty happy here)
Roll Tide!

We had SO much fun visiting, catching up, etc etc.  There are many more visits, chats, and friends that I didn't get to catch in photos, but we love each one of you!!  Can't wait to come back soon : )  Now, we just have to ride out frankenstorm/sandy up here today and tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment